Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Size doesn't matter....but....

OK - several years ago, after many years of being depressed over what size clothes I wore, I took on a different attitude.  I didn't care what size it was, I cared how I looked in it.

I had been convinced nothing looked good on me - and my amazing husband convinced me otherwise.  He "made" me throw away my frumpy dresses and get nicer clothes and better quality clothes.  He said I needed to dress better because when I dressed better I felt better about myself.

And he was right.  It started me feeling better about myself and made me more confident in my dealings with difficult people.  It was easy to be bleh about things when I was dressed in a frumpy dress.  But when I dressed well, I felt better about myself, I looked better.

It has carried over to how I dress even when not working - I no longer want to wear jeans and a t-shirt...I want to look better than that.

So, I became a clothes hound of sorts.  I had LOTS of clothes and since they were good quality they lasted for years.  I really liked my clothes.

I don't have those clothes any more...they are all too big.  That's a cool feeling.  But it was hard to see them go - they helped define me, they were what helped give me confidence in myself.

Now I am down to a couple of pair of pants and about 7 shirts - all new.

Now the exciting part.

Warning - girl information!

Before surgery I wore a 44DD bra.  I didn't think my breasts were shrinking - well... a few weeks ago I realized, my bras were simply too big.  Mike even, out of the blue, called me "shirnking boobs"!  LOL

Over the 4th of July I went bra shopping.  I am now wearing a 40DD.  OMG - I don't remember wearing a 40!

Last summer at this time some of my capris were a 4X - which is a 30/32.  My shirts were mostly 3X, some were 4X.

The beginning of June I bought one pair of capris....size 26.  I then ordered some 2X and 24 and waited until they fit.  2 weeks ago I started wearing those.  I ordered 2 more pair because I was sick of having 1 or 2 pairs of pants and that was it.  Saturday I put on the new pair of 24s and realized...THEY ARE TOO BIG as well.

Today I returned the 2nd pair of 24s I ordered.  I tried on new clothes and got 1 pair of 22s and TWO PAIR OF 20s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  That is right - I bought pants in a size 20.

Now for those of you who say 20 is large - yes, it still is large.  But last year I was wearing a 30!!!  I am down 5 sizes.  OMG - that is incredible to me.

Shirts - I have been wearing some 2X shirts and they are getting too big.  I bought 1X shirts over the 4th of July.  They are fitting nicely.

So size really doesn't matter - but it sure is cool to be in sizes I simply do not remember wearing.  My wedding dress was a 22 or 24 and needed alterations to fit because it was the largest size available.

I feel hypocritical being so excited about a size...but it's a tangible thing that proves to me that my weight loss efforts are being successful.  So for now - I am allowing myself to "get hung up" on the size of my clothes.  I am excited to see where I end up a year from now!

1 comment: