Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Bubble, bubble, bubble

I believe I said in an earlier blog that the dietitian has me keeping a food diary.  But, not just a food diary...I must also "bubble" my food into the categories of food.  Carbs, proteins, vegetables, fruits,  fats, milk and water.

Yesterday was an adventure in bubbling.  It was funny really.  I had my breakfast, had my lunch, and at supper time I had so many "left over" bubbles I couldn't eat everything.  I did, however, succeed in not drinking during meals and not having any pop.  And lucky, lucky me, I woke up today with a killer headache...my body getting used to no caffeine.  Tylenol took the edge off of it, but that's it, just the edge.  It's back tonight with a vengeance.  I am hoping that after a few days of no caffeine my body will quit rebelling against me and stop having headaches.

Since my first day in bubbling didn't work out exactly as I had hoped, last night I planned for today.  We knew we were going to have lasagna for supper.  Yes, good old-fashioned, home made lasagna.  So I started from there and worked backwards.  What did I have allotted for already and what did I want to eat for other meals.

I did figure out a way to have my visalus shakes again.  That made me happy.  I had it with milk instead of  juice.  And hey, I got to have my sugar-free, fat-free chocolate mix in it so it was nummy!

Lunch was completely satisfying...2 cups of salad with 2 ounces of baked chicken, with salad dressing.  A bagel thin to go with it and I was filled right up.

I do think that for this to work well, I need to plan ahead like I did last night.  Kind of like a kid laying out their clothes the night before so they don't have to take the time in the morning.  I am all about being prepared, so this will be my new night time routine...plan for the next day.

So for now, my life is all about bubbles.  I must plan in advance what to eat and determine if I have enough bubbles for what I am planning to eat and what else I need to eat to complete my bubbles, or cut out to meet my bubble limit.

Now, I'm off to plan for tomorrow and how I will fill my tummy and my bubbles.


No comments:

Post a Comment