Monday, April 22, 2013

Two Weeks to Go

Tomorrow starts the rest of my life.  I start the Pre-Op diet tomorrow.

It is a really good thing that I like mandarin oranges.  Like I told you in my last entry, I have to have blended food for all 3 meals every day for the next 2 weeks.  And on the list of blended meals they gave me, I like a whole ONE!

We bought 36 cans of mandarin oranges.  The people in the store had to think we are ridiculous.  The fun part - I did some searching on the shelved and found a no sugar added, sweetened with Splenda mandarin orange.  That means 45 calories per serving instead of like 80.  So that is awesome.  Yes, they cost a bit more than the generic, but I can live with that to get no sugar added, fewer calries and significantly less sugar per serving.

We bought the store out of the orange cream yogurt.  And the next store didn't have any.  So, still have some yogurt to buy before this is over.

March 28 I saw the doctor and I was only down 20 pounds.  He wanted me down 30-35 pounds.  32.7 to be precise.  So My goal was to get down those additional 12.7 pounds before I started the Pre-Op diet.

Well - I made 9 of those 12.7 pounds.  Not quite my goal - but I am happy with myself.  It took me 5 months to lose those first 20 pounds and I lost 9 more in the last 3 1/2 weeks.

I'm not sure if I told you that I really made a mind-set change in the last month or so.  I never thought I'd be saying that sweets weren't tempting me.  But they are not.

I NEVER dreamed I'd say no to going out to eat.  Going out to eat has been a standard thing for us for years.  WE would rather eat out than cook.  But seriously, I have no interest in going out to eat.

I made the switch somehow, some time, from Living to eat to the much healthier, eating to live.  I think Mike is getting a little weirded out by me.  Instead of wanting to go out, I'm saying, "No, I have 2 carbs and 2 proteins left and I have already planned how to fill that."   And if Mike thinks he's weirded out....so am I!  I never dreamed I'd be thinking that way.

OK - for my benefit I have decided to do pictures on Monday nights.  I'm doing tonight before my 2 weeks of Pre-Op blended food.  I will do the Monday night before surgery.  I'm thinking every month after that.  Maybe every 2 weeks?!  We'll see.  If you have a definite opinion or thought - please let me know.


Here is am - full body.  I will tell you that the jeans I am wearing in this picture are a size smaller than I was wearing in October when this started.


Because I believe that faces show weight loss I am also doing a face shot each time.


And here is the face shot.

I am already looking forward to seeing the pictures to come and see my own transformation.  

If I was REALLY brave I'd do a Biggest Loser type picture.  But I don't own bike shorts or sports bras...so I guess the bravery doesn't really matter!  


I've had "my last supper" and I am ready to start my new life.  Bring it on!


No comments:

Post a Comment